Credit Card Fraud and Identity Theft Defense in Pennsylvania State and Federal Court
Credit card fraud charges cover everything from a single incident of using someone else's credit card to large-scale schemes in which private information is stolen via the Internet or mail. It is a felony that carries severe criminal penalties. Examples of credit card fraud include:
- Opening credit accounts using stolen personal information, such as stolen Social Security numbers
- Using someone else's credit card without authorization
- Applying for credit using someone else's name and personal information (including using a family member or child's personal information)
- Using telemarketing or online sales schemes to induce people to disclose their credit card information
- Creating a false identity in order to secure a loan, mortgage, or credit
- Creating shell businesses in order to obtain money through credit
- Internet crimes such as computer hacking to obtain confidential information, phishing, DNS hijacking
If you are facing criminal charges for credit card fraud, your case could be brought in state or federal criminal court. It's smart to work with a lawyer who has defense experience in both.
Choose a Defense Lawyer Who Handles State AND Federal Cases
Contact the Philadelphia law office of Patrick Artur & Associates or call 215-530-6666 to schedule a free consultation.
Defense attorney Patrick Artur has more than 35 years of defense experience in both Pennsylvania and U.S. criminal courts, as well as appeals. He has won hundreds of criminal jury trials and personally handles every case our firm takes to court.
When you need legal help to fight a criminal charge, call 215-530-6666 to reach the law office of Patrick Artur in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In case of emergency, you can reach Patrick Artur personally by calling his cell phone at 215-530-6666.