Legal Help if You've Run into Problems with Sex Offender Registration
Every State requires that people convicted of a sex crime register as a sex offender and to notify law enforcement where they live and work. Originally this notification was for only a select set of crimes, but in recent years the list of "crimes" that it applies to has been greatly expanded with the advent of new laws such as Megan's Law.
In every case, sex offender registration is burdensome. In some cases it is extremely unfair.
- Sex offender registration can be applied retroactively - the person may not have been required to register back when they pled guilty or were found guilty.
- Sex offender registration requirements continue to expand to include sexual offenses that were previously considered less serious, such as a young man accused of having sex with his minor girlfriend.
- The requirements and restrictions on persons who must register as sex offenders are increasing, adding more time and more community notification. People are even subjected to having their address and photo posted on the Web.
If you are required to register as a sex offender in your community, it's easy to find yourself in trouble with the law and facing re-arrest.
At the law offices of Patrick Artur & Associates, our defense lawyers represent people facing sex crimes charges. We also help people who were previously convicted of a sex crime and now face prison time for violating the requirements of sex offender registration laws. Our defense attorneys have more than 30 years of experience handling criminal cases in Pennsylvania. Contact us for immediate assistance.
- Were you late in registering?
- Did you violate a restriction or rule?
- Do you think that there has been a serious miscarriage of justice in your first trial and that you shouldn't have to file as a registered sex offender? Not only do we defend sex crimes cases, we also handle criminal appeals.
No matter how difficult your situation looks, we can often intervene with local police to help you resolve sex offender registration problems. Contact Patrick Artur & Associates.
You have rights. We protect them.